Pink Bean, Quinoa and Spinach Soup
1.5 tbsp evoo
1 medium onion, finely chopped
8 baby carrots, quartered lengthwise
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 vegetable bouillon cubes
1 14-16oz can diced tomatoes
2 tsp curry powder
Pinch of cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg
0.5 cup quinoa
1 15-16oz can of pink beans ( I used Canellini)
5-6 oz baby spinach leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
I also added some lemon juice, Bragg's all purpose seasoning, 2 strips of Wakame to up the nutrient factor
1. Heat oil in a large soup pot. Add onion and saute until translucent. Add carrots and garlic and saute until golden, about 5 min.
2. Add 6 cups water, followed by bouillon cubes, tomatoes, quinoa, beans and spices. Bring to a rapid simmer and cover then gently simmer for 15-20 min or until quinoa is tender.
3. Add Spinach and cover and cook until wilted. Season and serve.
This is a fairly quick one pot meal that can be made in about 25 min and is perfect for a light lunch. For Dinner, i wanted something with more flavour and found this scrumptious recipe from the Vegan Feast Kitchen
The original recipe is named Bryanna's Thai-style Spinach and Tofu with Peanut Sauce. I modified the recipe slightly to make it more nutty and spicy.
Spinach and Tofu with Peanut Sauce
For the peanut sauce
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup veggie broth
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp palm sugar
1-2 tsp chilli paste ( i used a thai chilli and garlic paste)
1 250g packet of tofu
1-2 tbsp Veg oyster sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp chilli paste
1. Heat ingredients in a small saucepan until well combined.
2. Fry tofu until browned in peanut oil.
3. Add other ingredients, except spinach and stir until absorbed by tofu.
4. Add spinach last and cook until wilted.
Serve with steamed rice.